Steve Fossett has decided not to go ahead with today's planned start of the Jules Verne Challenge aboard Cheyenne
Steve Fossett (pictured left) has decided not to go ahead with today’s planned start of the Jules Verne Challenge aboard Cheyenne.
According to Fossett, who arrived in Plymouth from America this morning, the conditions are unfavourable, commenting: “What looked potentially acceptable 24 hours ago has worsened. We would be giving up too much at the start with a slow trip south.”
The team however, remain ready to respond to changes, although it’s looking more and likely that nothing will happen until the second week of February.
Keep an eye on yachtingworld.com for news as it happens from Plymouth.