Nominations for the US Sailing 2001 Rolex Yachtsman and Yachtswoman of the Year awards have been announced
Nominations for the US Sailing 2001 Rolex Yachtsman and Yachtswoman of the Year awards have been announced.
Established in 1961 by US Sailing and sponsored by Rolex Watch, USA these awards recognize outstanding on-the-water achievement and are widely perceived as the highest individual honors in sailing in the United States. The winners will be honored at a luncheon at the New York Yacht Club in New York City, on February 15, 2002, where they will be presented with Rolex timepieces. The Rolex Yachtsman will receive a steel and gold Rolex Submariner, and the Rolex Yachtswoman will receive a Rolex Oyster Lady Datejust, also in steel and gold.
Nominees for the 2001 Rolex Yachtsman of the Year
- International 14 World Champion Zach Berkowitz (San Francisco, Calif.)
- Laser Master World Champion Henry De Wolf (Palm City, Fla.)
- J/22 and Flying Scot North American Champion Greg Fisher (Columbus, Ohio)
- world speed sailing record holder Steve Fossett (Chicago)
- 49er World Champions Jonathan McKee and Charlie McKee (both Seattle, Wash.)
- Star North American Champion George Szabo (San Diego, Calif.)
Nominees for the 2001 Rolex Yachtswoman of the Year
- Tasar International and US National Champion Carol Buchan (Medina, Wash.)
- Yngling CORK Champion Carol Cronin (Jamestown, R.I.)
- Yngling North American Champion Courtenay Dey (Westerly, R.I./Rye, NY)
- J/22 East Coast Champion Nancy Haberland (Annapolis, Md.)
- Rolex International Women’s Keelboat Champion Cory Sertl (Rochester, NY)