Half TJV fleet sign up for new race from Brazil 1/10/07
A new race has been launched for competitors returning to Europe following the Transat Jacque Vabre.
The Transat B to B is a 4,000-mile singlehanded transatlantic race open to Imoca monohulls from Salvador da Bahia, Brazil to La Forêt-Fouesnant, Brittany.
So far the event has attracted over half of the contenders who’ll be competing in the forthcoming Vendée Globe, with many using this new event as a qualifier.
With the Transat Jacques Vabre finishing in Salvador da Bahia sometime between the 16-20 November, organisers have scheduled start for the Transat B to B for 25 November which could change depending on finishing times into Bahia.
Confirmed registrations (14 entrants)
- Akena Vérandas : Arnaud Boissières (Groupe Finot 1998)
- Artemis : Jonny Malbon (Owen Clarke 2003)
- Aviva : Dee Caffari (Groupe Finot 1998)
- Brit Air : Armel Le Cléac’h (Groupe Finot 2007)
- Cheminées Poujoulat : Bernard Stamm (Farr 2003)
- Ecover : Mike Golding (Owen Clarke 2007)
- Foncia : Michel Desjoyeaux (Farr 2007)
- Generali : Yann Eliès (Groupe Finot 2007)
- Great America III : Rich Wilson (Nivelt 1999)
- Groupe Bel : Kito de Pavant (VPLP-Verdier 2007)
- Pindar : NC (Kouyoumdjian 2007)
- Spirit of Canada : Derek Hatfield (Owen Clarke 2006)
- Roxy : Samantha Davies (Groupe Finot 2000)
- Safran : Marc Guillemot (VPLP-Verdier 2007)