Over 150 boats have already signed up for the Fireball worlds which take place in August
With a month to go the entries are still rolling in for the Holt Fireball nationals, Europeans and worlds in Teignmouth, confirming that the Fireball is still one of the most popular two person high performance dinghies in the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
For the nationals and Europeans week (6-12 August) there are already 107 paid up entries and for the worlds (13-19 August) an amazing 155 entries including boats from Australia, France, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Italy, Canada, Ireland, South Africa and Kenya.
As well as the usual mix of past and present Fireball champions the event has attracted quality sailors with successes in other classes including:
- Brett Young (AUS) – Australian 420 National Champion and Tasar World Champion
- Chips Howarth (GBR) – RS800, RS200, and Laser 4000 National Champion, Musto Skiff European Champion and Enterprise World Champion
- Richard Estaugh (GBR) – Merlin Rocket National and Enterprise and GP14 World Champion
- Dave Wade (GBR) – Scorpion National Champion
- David Edwards (GBR) – RS200 National Champion
- Tomas Musil (CZE) – Czech 470 National Champion
- Noel Butler (IRL) – Laser 2 World Champion