10 crews will race in the World Championship off Palma, Mallorca
Ten TP52’s, including the defending champions Quantum Racing (USA) and 2007 winners Artemis (SWE), will compete for the TP52 World title starting in one week’s time off Palma, Mallorca.
It will be business as usual aboard eight of the ten which are regulars on the Audi MedCup Circuit, but the fleet will be welcoming two crews new to TP52 class racing in the shape of France’s Paprec Recyclage (formerly the 2007 launch Judel/Vrolijk design Artemis) and Great Britain’s Henri- Lloyd Weapon of Choice (formerly the 2007 launched Judel/Vrolijk Matador).
Britain’s Henri- Lloyd Weapon of Choice have composed a talented line up of British sailors including round the world racer, 18 foot skiff and International 14 winner Rob Greenhalgh.
Racing at the TP52 World Championships starts with the official practice race on Tuesday 6 October and finishes on Sunday 11 October. The regatta follows the same pattern as the typical Audi MedCup Circuit event with one coastal race set to run on Friday.
Provisional Entry List:
1. Quantum Racing (USA), Doug Devos/Fred Howe, Terry Hutchinson
2. Bribon (ESP), Jose Cusi, Gonzalo Araujo
3. Matador (ARG), Alberto Roemmers, Guillermo Parada
4. Cristabella (GBR), John Cook, John Cook
5. Artemis (SWE), Torbjorn Tornqvist, Torbjorn Tornqvist
6. Audi TP52 powered by Q8 (ITA), Riccardo Simoneschi, Riccardo Simoneschi
7. Valars III (RUS), Kirill Podolsky, Serguei Chevtsov
8. Paprec Recyclage (FRA), Jean-Luc Petithuguenin/PH Finance, Stephane Neve
9. Henri Lloyd-Weapon of Choice (GBR), Antony Langley, Tom Wilson
10. Synergy (RUS), Gateway Overseas Limiteds
For more, visit www.tp52worldchampionship.org .