Another delay could spell the end of Bullimore's global record attempt this year 25/1/07

It seems that Tony Bullimore’s global record attempt could be delayed further due to a high-pressure system sitting directly over Tasmania. This further delay, so late in the Southern Ocean season, could spell the end of an attempt this year.

However, still sounding positive Bullimore says he’s continuing to make final preparations to his 102ft (31m) catamaran Doha 2006 and is ensuring he keeps his fitness levels up by attending the local gym on a daily basis.

Bullimore will be heading out for his first trial sail to test new gennakers and repairs made the to boat’s giant mainsail in the next couple of days. Commenting on his latest delay Bullimore concluded: “It is very frustrating, but I am not prepared to leave until Lee Bruce, our American weather router is confident that I can hook up with a series of low pressure systems that will carry me all the way to Cape Horn. This is a tough record to crack and there is no room for half chances. I will only go when Lee gives me the green light.”