Racing disrupted in the Yngling fleet as high winds sweep across bay of Cascais yesterday 10/7/07

Team Shirley Robertson and the rest of the Yngling sailors were left waiting on the dock until 1625 yesterday afternoon when the racing at the ISAF World Championship was finally cancelled due to high winds.

It was deemed to dangerous to send any class out on the water as the wind had not dropped below 25 knots all day and had been gusting over 30 knots in Cascais Bay. The Yngling fleet would have to have waited till the Finn sailors completed two races, so with time running out, the decision to abandon for the day was made.

Racing will continue today, with the first race starting for the Ynglings at 1430 on course four. From the dockside yesterday, Shirley commented: “We have been looking forward to sailing on course four all week, as it has more stable winds due to the fact it is further offshore and the mountains don’t effect it as much. We hope to go sailing tomorrow and get some more racing in.”