Another tricky day on the Lanzarotean waters greeted the 14 crews taking part in the TP52 Worlds
It was another tricky day on the Lanzarotean waters for the 14 crews taking part in the TP52 World Championships in Spain. The start was moved further offshore in search of more breeze, but the committee still had to start racing with no more than 7 knots of wind.
There was no shortage of challenges for the tacticians today, but for Mutua Madrilena it seemed plain sailing. Vasco Vascotto’s team with three victories in five is now leading the championship, seven points clear of second placed Quantum Racing. Artemis is still third overall but their performance today was far from what one would have expected, scoring an 11th and 13th.
Overall Standings (after 5 races)
1. Mutua Madrilena (CHI), Flavio Favini, 12 points
2. Quantum (USA), Terry Hutchinson, 19
3 Artemis (SWE), Torbjorn Tornqvist, 29
4. Bribon (ESP), Dean Barker, 33
5. Matador (ARG), Alberto Roemmers, 33
6. Platoon (GER), Jochen Schuemann, 35
7. Desafio (ESP), Paul Cayard, 37
8. Synergy (RUS), Sergey Pichugin, 37
9. Valars (RUS), Sergey Chetvtsov, 38
10. Audi Q8 (ITA), Riccardo Simoneschi, 36
11. TAU Andalucia (ESP), Jose Maria Torcida, 41
12. Bigamist 6 (POR), Alfonso Domingos, 43
13. Cristabella (GBR), Roberto Bermudez de Castro, 60
14. Fram XIV (NOR), Kell Arne Myrann, 69
For more information, visit ww.tp52worldchampionship.com .